Meet Kate Mackenzie. She:
- works for the T.O.D. (short for Tyrannical Office Despot, also known as Amy Jenkins, Director of the Human Resources Division at the New York Journal)
- Is sleeping on the couch because her boyfriend of ten years refuses to commit
- Can't find an affordable studio apartment anywhere in New York City
- Thinks things can't get any worse
They can. Because:
- The T.O.D. is making her fire the most popular employee in the paper's senior staff dining room
- That employee is now suing Kate for wrongful termination, and
- Now Kate has to give a deposition in front of Mitch Hertzog, the scion of one of Manhattan's wealthiest law families, who embraces everything Kate most despises...but also happens to have a nice smile and a killer bod.
The last thing anybody -- least of all Kate Mackenzie -- expects to find in a legal arbitration is love. But that's the kind of thing that can happen when...Boy Meets Girl.